View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013   #56
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brooks to move to ILB

Like Brooks to ILB, but why would anyone want Barwin's gimp ass back. He was a zero basically all season. What did he do to deserve to be resigned? Held the edge against the run? Big deal. Find a guy who can rush a passer when not unblocked who can also hold the edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
The same could easily be said about mario's sacks from that season, as well as many other seasons to be honest, & yet some hold him in high regards. Mario was extremely overrated, IMO, & he normally needed a clear advantage to even sniff a sack. Hardly the game changer, similar to Watt, that many falsely claimed he was. So that knock on Barwin by most in Houston is quite laughable after all the unearned attention Mario received.

Considering Barwin set a franchise record for sacks in 1 game w/ 4 & accumulated most of his sacks in the remaining 10 games when he took over Mario's position I would say his 2011 was quite memorable...at least it was to me. I think Barwin still has plenty of potential & 2 seasons is hardly enough for us to know what he is truly capable of IMO.
Except like 7 of them were unblocked. He didn't get that luxury this year and his numbers plummeted. He is exactly like Mario in that respect. Need the stars to align to be useful. I remember watching the first Ravens game last year and he was unblocked maybe 5 times and never got there. He had a fluke 10 games and thats it.