View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013   #16
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brooks to move to ILB

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Clearly moving Brooks inside is more about his inability to perform up to what Wade is looking for in his OLB and less about his ability as an ILB.
There was talk of, and possibly intention to, play him in the middle since he was drafted.

I have posted about it before.
Quote:
Herring also talked about Reed’s “linebacker body.”

“That’s where people get discombobulated with him,” Herring said. “Look, he’s 6-2½, 250. The fact that he was playing with his hand in the dirt (the three-point stance of a defensive end) in college turned him into a ‘tweener’ to some people. But he was always a ‘Mike’ linebacker to us. Half the teams in the draft wanted him bad, and the other half didn’t think he could (make the transition). We were in the half that saw the upside potential. He’s still projecting and growing as a player. The sky’s the limit.”
He's got the athleticism that we need, but it should be interesting to see if he has the "bulk" to live up to the pounding. I'd love to see this move paired with the drafting of a guy like John Jenkins. It'd really transform what's been a big weakness for our defense (i.e. the middle).