View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013   #3
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ranking the 2012 Offensive Lines

I think Caldwell and Butler will be gone in FA and Newton is your starting RT next year. He should be given a chance to grow into the position because he was essentially a rookie last year having only played 17 snaps in 2011. Statistically Newton had a good year in pass protection, much better than Winston, but he left alot to be desired in run blocking which he'll grow into with better strength and conditioning. Newton missed a couple games due to injury but he looked much better after he came back. I also think Brooks play time at RG was important because he'll be our RG of the future with Jones being primary backup at all the interior positions. We'll need some depth in the draft, including an OG to replace W. Smith after the 2013 season at LG, but I think the future of our O-line is a bright one. They're going to be fine next year barring any injuries.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote