View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013   #7
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 20467 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brooks to move to ILB

Heh, ironically, it is what I did in Madden for my second season with the Texans.

Some saw this coming and I can see why the Texans might do it if they resign Barwin. Reed is good against the run and decent in coverage. His pass rush...well, that left something to be desired. If he could get the reads down he could be a benefit inside and give the defense some flexibility in blitz packages too. One of the issues I felt we had was over reliant on sub/dime packages where we had one backer and used a safety as a pseudo LB. But if we have two ILB's actually capable of being halfway good in coverage like Cush and Reed we could use nickle more.

Course remains to be seen how it all plays out. Barwin should come at a reasonable price but it would mean Mercilus needs to pick it up and be that edge rusher we need since Barwin's rushing abilities are still unknown. Good one moment and then you're wondering if he is still on roster.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote