View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013   #8
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jay Ratliff's BAC was 0.16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I read that most teams do offer a similar service but players who use it are often looked down upon. Would you really want your boss knowing that you're going out and drinking to the point that you can't drive 2-3 times a week?

They need to make it anonymous if they want players to use it more, although I'm not sure it would make much difference as it seems to be more of a point of pride rather than not being able to pay for taxis.
I've read and heard numerous times that the player union or league have a service like that that IS anonymous. It's available 24 hr/day and is free. Every time there is a DWI report, this service is mentioned along with with the ones that teams may have arranged. Drunks just usually don't make good decisions.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote