View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013   #490
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
lol how unnecessarily bad was schaubs TD throw to Cribbs? He had the opportunity to lead Cribbs to the ground, with a throw into his mid-section, which would have allowed cribbs to catch, cradle, and roll. Instead, Schaub throws a ball where cribbs has to reach up and behind his head to make an extremely difficult catch that ultimately was dropped when he hit the ground.. lol at the folks that argue schaubs great accuracy, based on completion numbers.. accuracy by its true definition, is not a trait schaub possesses.. you know the old drill where qbs throw the ball through a tire? well, schaub misses the tire completely..
I am very guilty of having argued, earlier in the season this year, that Schaub was intentionally placing footballs where only HIS guys could reach them.

I 100% believed it was a taught technique in Gary's offense. He did it, and still does it, with such regularity, that it was the only conclusion to draw...since, ahem, we're always told that the NFL teams' coaches know more than we do.

But now, I'm convinced I gave the guy way more credit than he deserved.

I wish Gary would get the urge to really open up camp in 2013, to where the QBs all get a shot just like the freaking field goal kickers have been given open competitions. Only in the NFL can you see coaches allowing open competitions for kicker...but NOT for QB. That's not very damn practical.

At what stage did the NFL become a place where "Well, we gave x-player y-amount of money...so that means he's the defacto starter. Until he gets hurt, then hell we'll try out our other QBs who have been running scout team and not getting reps with starters all year." Seems logical.