View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013   #287
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31940 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where does Matt rank with QBs in playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
I don't understand the constant barrage of "Houston players donn't get any media exposure"=> everytime I turned on NFL Net this season there was JJ Watt, Arian Foster and AJ...even Matt Schaub...Like Houston is small market?

Anyway, not everyone agrees that Flacco is better than Schaub; but I'll keep trying to convince them...
Apparently you're right because folks are still going which I just don't get.

I can admit that I was someone who felt Schaub was a top ten quarterback. But how can one be top ten and not capable of making all the throws? How can one be top ten and disappear in prime time situations? How can one be top ten and not even be capable of putting the ball in the endzone consistently?

Flacco isn't perfect and maybe not 'elite' though I admit that term is overly abused. But his main issues go with the mental approach when under pressure. Umm...Schaub has that too. The difference is these playoffs I saw Flacco hurl a ball downfield with a defender hanging on him. I saw Schaub escape and throw it out of bounds. Big difference. One is looking to still make a play and the other is not. Flacco's vision stays wide encompassing the field while Schaubs seems to narrow. If he isn't throwing it away he is checking it down far short of the first down.

Flacco obviously can make all the throws. Schaub can not and even some that he toss out there he puts too much air under the ball giving the defense a chance to react. So you have more positives in the way of Flacco than Schaub especially in the playoffs. Not even sure where the arguement can stand. Doesn't mean Schaub is a bad quarterback but sure as heck isn't great either. Flacco doesn't have to be elite to be better than Schaub but to me he is at least in that next tier behind the top tier guys and he's young and climbing. Schaub? Well...what we see MAY be what we get.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote