View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013   #178
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Bob McNair's Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Wow. So uh, like where do QBs like Manning, Brees, and Brady fit into the past 10 years of Conference Championship games and Super Bowls--rather than just THIS year? Cuz they were always there year in and year out to one degree or another. For about a decade.
I don't know. Why don't you look it up & tell us what you find?
Quote:
We're out in the 2nd round two years in a row, one of which Schaub wasn't even the QB.
Quote:
Question: How much longer do you think Schaub can consistently make the playoffs AND get to a single AFCC game and even at least ONE Super Bowl? Be honest.
I honestly think we'll be in the play-offs the next three years, I can't really see too much beyond that.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're in the AFCCG next year & a Super Bowl win as well.
Quote:
My answer: Less probable than the elite QBs you listed, many of whom have already done just that multiple times already.
I'll answer this later.
Quote:
The NFL is all about probability. Odds. If I'm in Vegas, I'm playing the games that give me the best odds over the house. In the NFL, your team has better odds if it has a better QB. Why can't this just be settled and left alone? Isn't it true? Doesn't a team whose QB is Drew Brees or Peyton Manning or Tom Brady give you a better probable, statistical CHANCE at advancing to the Super Bowl than a team whose QB is Matt Schaub??? On the strict issue of ODDS alone?

Quote:
TK, that post of yours strikes me as a "Well, maybe we CAN win even without an elite QB at the wheel..."

Sure, there will sometimes be an exception to the rule. But being the rule is a lot easier than hoping you're the exception. That goes for anything in life, btw.
When I said "doesn't mean anything.... just thought it was interesting" I meant just that. I wasn't trying to elude that we don't need a special QB to win a Super Bowl & I agree with you that the odds are in our favor if we had a special QB.

But since you brought it up, I'm not sold that Matt isn't a special QB. Sure he's not mobile, and is laughable outside the pocket. But we've seen him play at a high level for several years now. I've always said that the only thing separating Matt from the "special" QBs is the Ws.. he just doesn't have enough of them.

That's changing. His win percentage has been extremely high the last couple of years & I don't expect that to change. He's got a good team around him & as long as he continues to do his part, which I believe is a little more than "game manager" he'll get there.

I've argued against the guys who said that he lost whatever he had, because of his foot. I don't see that at all. He's the same guy he's always been. Chokes under the big lights.... yup.. but so did Flacco, so did Ryan. So does Foster, so does a lot of guys on our team.

Matt is not "my kind" of QB. I'd take Romo in a heartbeat. But I still think Matt can take us where we want to go.

Haven't seen anything to say any different.

I know some of you guys don't like to compare Schaub to elite players. It hurts your arguments & all.... but if you go back & watch what Brady did in that Baltimore game. You could have put Schaub in there & wouldn't have seen a difference.