View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013   #175
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair's Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
After reading this, I decided to do a little research. Didn't come up with anything relevant, but I did notice something.

Only 5 top ten QBs, in passing yards, were in the play offs. Brady, Ryan, Manning, Luck, Rogers..... Four of the 5 made it to the divisional round. 2 made it to the Conference Championship round. None of them made it to the Super Bowl.

Same stats, only 2 top 5 QBs were in the play offs. Brady & Ryan. both made it to the Conference Championship.

The top 3 QBs from 2012, Brees, Stafford, Romo, were on non winning teams (Cowboys 8-8 was the best of the bunch). The top 10 QBs that didn't make the play offs, Brees, Stafford, Romo, Freeman, Palmer, Also on losing teams.

Doesn't mean anything...... just thought it was interesting.
Wow. So uh, like where do QBs like Manning, Brees, and Brady fit into the past 10 years of Conference Championship games and Super Bowls--rather than just THIS year? Cuz they were always there year in and year out to one degree or another. For about a decade.

We're out in the 2nd round two years in a row, one of which Schaub wasn't even the QB.

Question: How much longer do you think Schaub can consistently make the playoffs AND get to a single AFCC game and even at least ONE Super Bowl? Be honest.

My answer: Less probable than the elite QBs you listed, many of whom have already done just that multiple times already.

The NFL is all about probability. Odds. If I'm in Vegas, I'm playing the games that give me the best odds over the house. In the NFL, your team has better odds if it has a better QB. Why can't this just be settled and left alone? Isn't it true? Doesn't a team whose QB is Drew Brees or Peyton Manning or Tom Brady give you a better probable, statistical CHANCE at advancing to the Super Bowl than a team whose QB is Matt Schaub??? On the strict issue of ODDS alone?