View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013   #25
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BL 2013 Post Senior Bowl Texan Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
We've got some good young prospects to step in for Antonio after he departs like Tim Jamison & Jared Crick. Anyway don't you think it's about time we look to an edge-rusher to take up the slack in pressuring the QB ? The idea of our "2 top" pass-rushers being downlineman in our 3-4 just doesn't make much sense to me ? I'd rather see them use a high-pick on another OLB even with Merciless & Reed than I would a first-rounder on a 3-4 DE.
Texans more often than not configure in a 4-3 not traditional 3-4 so he could play DE while Antonio kicks to DT. Texans spent #26th overall in last years draft on OLB Whitney Mercilus, Brooks the year before #42 in 2nd. Watt, a DE was taken #11 overall in 2011. As I framed it Jones can either bookend Watt 3-4 or replace Barwin 4-3. Athletic monster to compliment Watt he uses his quickness inside, has natural strength/strong hands, and shows desirable passion for football. Datone seems to flash a lot of juice, doesn't take plays off, is explosive, has exceptional rip move, strong base to plant & bull rush. In reality he is one of those ascending prospects come Day One this April probably already off the board.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote