View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013   #12
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Looks Like Everything's Changing with the Cowboys..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Well said. I'm part of that 70s kid fan group. People have to remember that.. And this was discussed in the dynasty thread...they won in 25 of 30 years from 65-95. Despite the downfall that's a track record that people hang on to. I'm frustrated with Jerry and think he is running things wrong but people still think he wants to win and will put money into the team. There are people who are moving away from the team but it is small compared to those holding out. Remember the Arizona games? 75% were Cowboy fans. They make any noise in the next few years and those who "left" will be back.
If Jerry Jones is going to continue to run his team into the ground and only have coaches whom he likes I don't see things getting much better for the Cowboys over the short term (Which is probably not good for the "bandwagon" part of the Cowboys fanbase). He's going to continue to employ Jason "3rd Down Draw Play" Garrett as the HC while publicly stripping him of call playing duties and hand that on over to probably one of the worst coaches in the league currently. I just don't see much difference between him now, and what Al Davis had been for about the last 10 or so years (A running joke) and he even KNOWS that he is pretty much the problem and still won't hire a GM.

Lets just quietly gloss over firing the DC, and replacing him with a guy who was a brutal failure on the college scene (As a DC no less). Now I'm not the biggest Rob Ryan fan, I think he's an overrated loudmouthed fatty (Like his brother), but I just don't see how Kiffin is going to be that much of an improvement, or why he didn't just throw millions of dollars at Lovie Smith? Whatever they do, I hope they don't fire Garrett just to promote another yes man that's already on the staff.