View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013   #174
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Bob McNair's Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
The Texans front office moves like a glacier .

The Texans are committed to Kubiak's idea of what football should be . It's a finesse type running offense with a short to medium passing game based on play action to dominate the time of possession .

The problem is it's scheme over talent so when it comes down to having to make a play , there's not a bunch of physical mismatches .
Personally, I think this is the result of having crap defensive coordinators who couldn't develop talent. Since Kubiak got here, the majority of our FA signings & high draft picks have gone to the defensive side of the ball & he's been able to field a competent offense with lesser talent.

I was hoping with Wade, we would be able to develop someone like Tim Jamison, Jared Crick, Darryl Sharpton, & Glover Quin (good job there, but I'm thinking that's more on the player than the coaches).

We're not going to possess the majority of mismatches until we invest some talent on the offensive side of the ball. All those pro bowlers are great & a testament to Kubiak & his system, but for many of those guys, the Pro Bowl is probably going to be the highlight of their career & we need guys who expect more.