View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013   #22
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BL 2013 Post Senior Bowl Texan Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I know that it isn't a one way street.

My thinking is that the Texans aren't going to win a SB next yr anyway. So instead of reaching for players to fill needs, as most mocks do. (Mine included.

If this yrs draft ends up providing AJ's future replacement and a QB to replace Schaub if he gets hurt or Schaub performs poorly and is replaced in 2014 like the 49ers have done with Smith/Kaepernick.

And the rest of the draft is used to improve the ST's.(FB/LB/Te etc....) I will be content. ( Of course I hope for better) The reason I want Schaub's replacement is that Doc said this past yr is as good as Schaub's foot is going to get and after seeing other players suffer the same injury I believe this to be the case. The Texans cant win a SB with Schaub at QB.
The problem is there's not a good QB is this draft, or at least they all have significant warts and are a big gamble. I think we may have to wait until next years draft or flip some picks to Wash for Cousins. I'd take Cousins over anyone in this years draft. He's looked good in both games he's played in this year.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote