View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans earning respect of their peers at Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
I suppose if we had HFA and lost in the Divisional like the Broncos you would have put a double barrel in your mouth and pulled the trigger.

That's a shame.
Nope, but I'd still be negative about it here. The expectations were high (see 9 pro bowlers) and they did not meet expectations. It was a failed season in my book. They didn't just choke in every big game this season, they got blown out. Last season was a successful season, because they finally won their division, reached the playoffs for the first time, and won their first playoff game (and did it all with a 3rd string rookie QB). This season was all about taking advantage of that experience and taking the next step... they ended up falling down the stairs. There's no way to put a positive spin on what happened this season. It was a complete failure, instead of trying to sugar coat it, just call it what it was.

And I don't think it'll get better anytime soon.. not until we replace Schaub. I put red zone effectiveness squarely on the shoulders of a QB. We've struggled in the red zone during the majority of Schaub's tenure here. He's the reason why we can't cash in down there unless the running game carries him and he's the reason why we have a HOF caliber WR who has never ever had a double digit TD season. What upsets me the most is knowing nothing is going to change anytime soon.. our wagon is hitched to Schaub

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 01-27-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote