View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013   #89
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will we and/or Should we keep Antonio Smith for the 2013 Season ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Base = 6
Pro-rated signing bonus (original contract) = 2.5
Pro-rated restructuring bonus (from 2011) = 1.3

Total cap hit in 2013 = 6+2.5+1.3 = 9.8M

This is according to spotrac (a website that keeps tract of all NFL contracts, salaries, and cap figures.
Ok, so that's what I was thinking. His 6M base salary is not guaranteed if he is cut. Im pretty that is what I've been reading concerning him. So the 3.8M does stay regardless, but the difference by freeing up the remaining of his 6M is 2.2M.

So cutting Smith would result in: 6M( base salary not guaranteed) - 3.8M( pro-rated signing bonus/ dead money)= 2.2M salary cap space

Not a huge savings, but none the less a savings IF they feel Crick or Jamison can step into his role & produce. Who knows, but after last season I don't think he or too many others for that matter are off limits.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote