View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013   #18
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78460 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cause Everyone Else is Mock .

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
IMO, Denard not an NFL QB, would get beat to death as RB (although that is where I'd play him) and cannot catch. Pretty big risk when players will be available with better skills.
Guy had 700+ carries in his career and only real injury was a fluke nerve injury to his throwing elbow. He got dinged up some and would have to leave the game for a series sometimes, but he's not a feature back at the next level so he wouldn't take that same beating. He's a 10 touch guy like Sproles or McCluster.

He's the same size as Jamaal Charles and Chris Johnson and almost as fast. He's proven that he has all the skills to run the ball. He just needs to learn pass pro. It's hard to criticize his hands when this is the first time he's ever played WR or returned kicks.

He impressed a lot of scouts this week because of his attitude and work ethic. Mayock criticized his abilities, but praised his progress and gave him a break because the nerve injury is still affecting his hand and he's having trouble catching/gripping the ball.

That said, I like the kid and I don't want Kubiak drafting him because I'm convinced he won't know how to use him.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote