View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013   #46
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Speaking of which, I'm obviously looking at this whole kick-off thing wrong.

I personally don't want someone who'll kick the ball into the endzone all the time. Last year, yeah... because our ST was so bad that the opposing team avg a start better than the 20 yard line.

Just like a punt, I want the ball to drop inside the 1, or at the front of the endzone, because I want their kicker to bring it out. I then want my coverage team to get down there more than not & pin them inside the 15.

I know it's not a punt. But for a punt, I'd want to pin the other team inside the 5.
I think that sounds good, but not realistic. When I play madden, that's exactly how I play it. Get w kicker with a strong leg and put more height on the ball than distance and try to get the other team stopped before they can get pass the 17.

But it's much different than a punt because the distance to cover isn't the same. Normally when you pin teams on punts there is no return. Or the return man catches it with people right on top of him or they mistakenly fair catch it there.

That's not likely to happen on kickoffs. Even kicks into the endzone are brought out.

It's too much ground to cover.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote