View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cost of a 2nd round trade up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
With the new CBA and the lower costs of the highest picks, I think the chart is probably off. It serves a quick guide for a question like this and is by no means gospel.
It certainly seems easier to trade now. In the 2012 draft, 45% of all non-compensatory picks were involved in a trade. Still, I don't see the Texans moving from #89 in the 3rd round to the mid 2nd round with only a 5th. A 3rd, 4th, and 5th from where the Texans are drafting would still be low on the draft chart.

Not that I'm against a draft day move up at all. The Texans have 11 draft picks and I doubt 11 rookies could make this team. Making a move for the right player sounds like a good idea. And I think the Texans will be involved in some draft trades. But this trade is not plausible.