View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Deion Sanders to make a come back with the Ravens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
I'm not sure, but I don't think so. If he's been retired for over a year then I believe he's essientially a free agent if he decides to return.
If a player has years left on his contract (which Sanders did--that is why he went through the waivers process), then the contract is tolled during the time spent in retirement and if he comes back the team holding his contract still has his rights. There was some discussion a year or two ago about Barry Sanders coming back but the conclusion was he wouldn't play for the Lions and they still had his rights.