View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013   #274
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Rep Power: 796 Texcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where does Matt rank with QBs in playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm not disputing that Flacco is better than Schaub.

I'm disputing Flacco's "play-off record" is poor proof of that. Flacco has a better play off record than a lot of QBs, but he isn't better than all of them.

If you're saying that Flacco is better than Schaub because of his play of record, you're saying that Flacco is better than a lot of QBs who have not had the good fortune to play on a team that consistently fielded one of the best defenses in the NFL & one of the most prolific runners.

Flacco is better than Schaub. But using his play off record as proof is faulty logic.
You are making assumptions. I'm only comparing TWO Quarterbacks, Flacco and Schaub. We are not having a generalized discussion about all QBs, because that is an entirely different discussion and my thoughts on ranking all QBs are very different. My statements are very specific to Flacco and Schaub.You can't take what I'm saying and generalize it to the rest of the QBs because I've disqualified that by only taking about comparisons.

I didn't just cite his playoff record (which is highly respectable!) as the sole reason, but its easily one of many. How many QBs in their first 5 years in the league can say they've won 8 playoff games already? In fact 5 years into his career he already has more post season playoff wins than any QB in history. Does that make him the best QB in history? God no, but its a testament to his ability this far in his young career.

Not taking a QB's playoff production into account, when he has had a good team around him like the Ravens have, would be asinine. Had Flacco amassed a 1-11 record rather than his 8-4 record, then my thoughts on him would be very different. Schaub had a really great Texan team around him, but he's been embarrassingly horrible in big prime time games against the big boys. Meanwhile, its seems the bigger the game for Flacco, the better he is. His playoff run this year (around 850 yards, 8TDs, 0INTs, wins against Luck, Manning and Brady). I mean seriously, give the guy respect.
Texcore is offline   Reply With Quote