View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013   #77
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Time to replace Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
While I agree that Walter isn't the best #2 and we need an upgrade, I think he's back next year in a necessary evil sort of way. Posey won't be back in time for the season, Martin is barely a #3 in the slot, and Jean is or should be on the bubble of making the team. If we select a really good WR in the 1st round, someone with lots of potential for the future, then maybe we cut Walter in the offseason but that's a stretch. I just don't see a rookie being able to step up and learn our offense and the NFL well enough to take over at #2WR from day 1. WR much like CB takes a couple years to translate from college to the NFL.
Good points, but Walter isn't a #2, he only plays one on TV. Making it easier to be replaced by LeStar, Martin, or a really talented rookie with Great hands.

Hopefully we'll bring in two capable WRs & it becomes a roster spot problem. I don't mind keeping KDub if he earns a spot through open competition.