View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013   #88
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will we and/or Should we keep Antonio Smith for the 2013 Season ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Where is your 9.8M number coming from? If 3.8M is dead money then the difference is 2.2M freed up in salary cap money because his salary is 6M. That would put them at a little over 15M in salary cap space. Then you potentially add another 3M if Walter is let go & the Texans are sitting around 18M which is where the Titans & Jags are also roughly sitting.

I'm not a salary cap guru & frankly I hate trying to figure it out,but this is how I'm seeing it concerning Smith. Am I missing something?
Base = 6
Pro-rated signing bonus (original contract) = 2.5
Pro-rated restructuring bonus (from 2011) = 1.3

Total cap hit in 2013 = 6+2.5+1.3 = 9.8M

This is according to spotrac (a website that keeps tract of all NFL contracts, salaries, and cap figures.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote