View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013   #86
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will we and/or Should we keep Antonio Smith for the 2013 Season ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
So then if the Texans cut Smith, they will incur $3.8M in dead money, yet still has very little room to find a replacement ($6M), but with a total of $9.8M in cap charge just the same.

He most likely comes back for at least another year to finish out his contract
Where is your 9.8M number coming from? If 3.8M is dead money then the difference is 2.2M freed up in salary cap money because his salary is 6M. That would put them at a little over 15M in salary cap space. Then you potentially add another 3M if Walter is let go & the Texans are sitting around 18M which is where the Titans & Jags are also roughly sitting.

I'm not a salary cap guru & frankly I hate trying to figure it out,but this is how I'm seeing it concerning Smith. Am I missing something?
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote