View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013   #25
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What position of need is easiest to upgrade via Free Agency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Another simple correction, I wasn't intending to compare Ryans & Urlachers careers. I simply stated based on Urlachers injury history & age, at this point Ryans might he the better option & has we all know now...they have BOTH been 4-3 MLB's a majority of their careers w/ Ryans actually having more experience in the 3-4.
Get this thru your head - Ryans was always (in my best Charles Barkley voice) turrible and I mean turrible in coverage.

Good solid player , hell of a guy and a leader on and off the field ..... but he is not the answer to the Texans ILB issues because he cant cover.

Dont know if you've been watching but Cushing was used primarily RUSHING THE QB on passing plays / downs .... Not falling back into coverage. Simply put , they need an ILB who can cover RB's and TE's next to Cushing not a run stuffing tackle machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Please, this is so overstated. Just because this comes up readily in memory, the first time he made the pro bowl the first play of the game was him blocking a pass and the second was him intercepting a pass. He was not near as bad in coverage as people make him out to be.
No he wasnt as bad as I make him out to be above .... but it was far from his strong suit. I dont think he solves the problem or upgrades the position over James or Dobbins in terms of cover ability .... especially post injury.

Its time to move on .... not go backwards.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote