View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013   #159
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair's Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The bolded pretty much speaks for itself regarding coach Joe.

The NFL is a results driven business. The fact that our special teams has become a huge liability is quite evident. Teams often replace good coaches because the players need a wake-up call.

You are right in that we can only see what we see, but what we see is the end product. Our average starting position was one of the worst in the NFL, iirc. That is additional strain on our offense where it should be giving them an advantage.

What would be your guess as to why they are keeping him?
I'd say it's our HC's perceived unwillingness to let go of his guy. I understand Marciano has been here from the beginning, but I'd assume at this point, he's a guy Kubiak fully trusts and believes in.

None of us(I think) know what went on behind the scenes after the 2010 season, but I'm sure many believe Kubiak was almost goaded by Bob McNair to make the move and bring Wade Phillips in. You can argue it the other way too and say that the historically bad defensive results were enough to convince Kubiak to do it himself(but I doubt this).

So I guess the short answer is that they're possibly keeping him because that's just the kind of guy Kubiak is.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote