View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013   #24
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What position of need is easiest to upgrade via Free Agency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
urlacher has spent a good portion (possibly most) of his career in a 3-4, and almost all of it as the primary cover linebacker. demeco at the height of his physical ability was still terrible in coverage, lost in zone and unable to move in man. urlacher had as many interceptions in 2011 as demeco has had in 7 years, and returned one for a touchdown this season. to compare the two in that area is silly - demeco is a 4-3 tackling machine, urlacher is one of the best space players in decades.
Now this statement is COMPLETELY false & quite laughable to be honest. Now I knew I couldn't recall the last time the Bears played a 3-4 & unfortunately my brother in-law is a big Bears so they do get discussed so I decided to do a quick research based your claim & here is what I found. The Bears have NEVER played in a 3-4! So no Urlacher has NOT played in that scheme a majority of his career. It sounded good in your efforts to make a false claim, but its simply not true. Sad but true. The link is attached below for all to verify themselves. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...dHm-e9mbNc2e-A

For those not wanting to open the link. The info provided by it is in bold below.
The Chicago Bears are the only NFL team that have never used the 3–4 as their base defense. Before the 2010 season, the Washington Redskins had also never run a base 3–4, but under the direction of new defensive coordinator Jim Haslett, the Redskins have adopted the 3–4 and its many variants, such as the 2–4–5 and the 1–5–5, based on formations used by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Another simple correction, I wasn't intending to compare Ryans & Urlachers careers. I simply stated based on Urlachers injury history & age, at this point Ryans might he the better option & has we all know now...they have BOTH been 4-3 MLB's a majority of their careers w/ Ryans actually having more experience in the 3-4.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote