View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013   #83
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will we and/or Should we keep Antonio Smith for the 2013 Season ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Do you think we'd have gotten more than a third round pick for him? If the speculation is correct, we'll get a compensatory third for him.
No, to be honest. His contract was garbage w/ no guarantee for the team acquiring. Would've been a dumb move for any team imo. If his contract was manageable then someone may have given a 3rd because obviously the Bills overestimated his worth, but its hard to say. I'll be honest, I will be surprised if the Texans get 3rd round comp for him. I'm seeing a 4th at best. I do agree w/ the sentiment that he is an overpaid, overrated diva. Letting Mario walk is probably the best move Smith has made during his time here imo. I'm just glad the salary cap assisted, or forced, him w/ the decision.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote