View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013   #20
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NYJ putting Revis on the Trade Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
So would you give up this years 27th pick in the 1st and maybe a compensatory (is that correct?) pick of a 3rd if you can sign him long term? If that is even enough...

The Texans 1st round pick is basically a high 2nd round pick, because where they are drafting...

I think I would pull that trigger and let it ride. With the bum knee, you might be able to resign Revis cheaper and hell, maybe even move him to a Safety position when Manning's contract is up...
No, I wouldn't do that as the Texans. CB/S is not where our biggest holes are. We would be better off keeping Quin with that money and spending the picks on other areas. Revis doesn't make us that much better, and the risk of him not coming back 100% is too high. Plus, he wants a 10-18 million a year extension, so there would be no way of keeping him. I could see a team like the Broncos, Patriots or Ravens trading for him.