View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013   #38
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 4237 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you think we could have beat the Ravens?

Long time lurker here. Greetings.

I voted no: My vote is based off of hindsight as far as how things actually did happen in this year's playoffs. I'm personally bummed about the Texans from here on and here's why:

1. Going into this year's playoffs the Texans had the best and most explosive defensive player in all of the NFL.

2. This time around Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson were healthy and not trying to recover from injuries like last year's playoffs.

3. The Texans have the best DC that they've ever had in Wade Phillips.

4. Many other key players were healthy for the playoffs.

Yet, despite all of this, the Texans backed into and then struggled in the playoffs. They barely got by Cincinnati (no disrespect to Cincy, but the Texans were having a much better season this year than last year) and then once again got crushed by the Pats. Yes, the score was closer, but somehow the Texans forgot to play/adjust in the 3rd quarter, hence the repeat blowout loss.

For a while after the Texans were elliminated I felt as if the loss to Minnesota was the dagger that sealed the Texans' doom. Afterall, the Texans can't even beat the Colts in Indy even with Dan O as QB, so I had no real expectation for the Texans to win that one.

But as time went on I realized that even had the Texans clinched home field they just didn't have the planning, the heart, the killer instinct to face Flacco and the Ravens, whom they've only beaten once in a million tries it seems.

The Ravens had Ray Lewis back and was apparantly more prepared and very hungry to reach the Super Bowl.

The Texans, for whatever reasons you can think of, were not.
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote