View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013   #49
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 41913 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you miss Jacoby Jones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
I just never thought it should be personal. Like when I fired an employee, it was about job performance, nothing more. I never make it personal. But since being a fan is such an emotional experience I guess some cannot seperate themselves from it (hating).
One of the results of being a die hard fan of a team is that you become emotionally invested in the team as well as certain players. We (fans) expect the coaching staff to put the best possible person (all things considered) in the best possible position to make our team as successful as possible. And when there is a less-than sterling performance, week after week--it's the natural result.

Some players we love, and others we hate. It's a fickle world--this whole sports fandom thing. Right now, JJ Watt is on top of the world in the realm of Texans fandom. But if he was busted buying dimebags of Crack outside a gay club on Montrose with a transvetite hooker in the car--some of us would feel the need to part ways with him, emotionally speaking. However, so long as he didn't feel the need to write: "Pay me Rick" on his cleats, most of us would still like him as long as he was getting it done on the field.

::\end rant::

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote