View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013   #46
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Do you miss Jacoby Jones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
There's a reason Baltimore only used JJ as a #3. The "reduced pressure" on him to perform should have made the game easier. JJ had his big chance when AJ went out, he blew it. There are exactly Zero teams in the NFL who would use him as a #1 and damn few who'd consider him at a #2.
He is what he is. You draft these guys... he was a third round pick, & you hope for the bests. He's got the size & talent to be a #1, but there's a reason he was there in the third.

If he ends up just a #3, you're good.

I've never said he was anything other than a #3. I've said, & still believe if I have to choose between Walter & Jacoby to be my #2, I'm picking Jacoby, but I don't think either are true #2s.

We don't know who is our #3 receiver now. Didn't know who it would be over the last 6 weeks. Jacoby would have been great. He would have stretched the field & he's become an excellent downfield blocker, at least he was when he left.

Again, my answer was no, I don't miss Jacoby. But I never would have let him go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You clearly didn't pay to much attention to Jacoby while he was here if you have to ask that question. He consistently lacked focus and wasn't doing all of the things that he needed to do. He never improved here.

It's actually mind blowing that a thread like this even exists considering that we're talking about a player that was a bust on both of his contracts.
That was early in his career. I had not seen anything like that in his last couple of years here. Like I said, he was a knucklehead when he got here & a pro when he left.

I don't think it is any different with the guys we'd like to see, but Kubiak won't put on the field. Posey, KMart, LeStar. Same for Arian when he first got here. When Kubiak talks about them having to learn how to be a pro, that's what he's talking about.