View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013   #41
AJ-80
Veteran

Rep Power: 547 AJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock Version 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
This is why I mocked Tyler Bray to the Texans with 1st rd. pick. It sure feels like the position is evolving into a more athletic one which encompasses size, strength, foot speed, quickness & overall mobility to extend plays. Still a player can overcome a lot with a rocket arm, leadership, field vision & game management. Intangibles are what intrigue me. Being a leader of men, a gravitating force both on & off the field along with ability to handle any situation with composure, like nothings too big for him. Mechanics can always be improved, shorten stroke, footwork, hand placement, launch angle stuff like that. When I watch Colin Kapernick he has the total package, height/weight ratio, speed (4.53) rocket arm, but do you ever see Kubiak use the pistol? Whatever he runs the QB needs to possess ability to extend plays. Kapernick was a 2nd rd. pick so there is no reason why Texans cannot find a good one in the first two rounds if so inclined. So your point is well taken, one that I hope not just Kubiak & Rick Smith heed but McNair as well this love affair with entrenched starter has lacked a viable succession plan since expansion.

BL
As much as I want a QB change, there is no way we take one in the first 2 rounds. Shaub has 4 yrs., 60 mil. Management isn't gonna waste that money with him sitting on the bench. We have to address positions that need immediate impact. WR, ILB, NT, S. These can be upgraded via 1st/2nd round picks.
AJ-80 is offline   Reply With Quote