View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair's Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
SBs are never automatic. Rumor had it though the team leaders semi-revolted in between the 1st and 2nd Switzer season telling him they wanted to go back to JJ ball. You know Aikman transferred colleges to get away from Switzer? That was one of the most bizarre coaching selections ever - hey let's bring in a coach my star QB hates.
The recent "A Football Life" about Jimmy Johnson was very revealing in that regard. Many of those players sound like they still hold a grudge against Jerry Jones. And I believe those players when they feel cheated because they could have won more Super Bowls under Johnson.

Seeing the history between Jones, Johnson, and Switzer from Arkansas was interesting, and I think Jones was a bit vindictive in hiring Switzer to take over Johnson's team.

It makes sense about Aikman. That was Johnson's team that he built, and Switzer is that "exception to a rule" about a team winning in spite of it's head coach. He did not contribute to that team, but instead rode it's coattails. He wasn't even on the staff when he was hired. His 6-10 record in his fourth year says it all.