View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013   #137
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair's Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I can respect that perspective. I'm not advocating anyone to pump sunshine.

Rather, just have some objectivity about it. We finally have a team that is winning more than losing and going to the playoffs. That, in and of itself, is a good thing

Now, can they maintain? That's the big question in the off-season.

I'm more of a reactive fan than proactive. I am not a fortune teller and cannot predict the future. So we'll wait and see and talk about the team's decisions in the meantime.

Good post, man. MSR.

I think folks can choose to be optimistic or pessimistic. There is nothing inherently wrong with either one. I just choose to be optimistic about our team's success so far, mainly because I vividly remember 2-14 and the 9 craptacular seasons before 2011.

Fair enough. I'm not telling anyone to be giddy. By the same token, don't act like it's nothing to get 12 wins in this league. I hated the way the season ended, as well. No way to sugar coat that letdown.

The Texans are still learning, regardless if we realize it or not. 2012 was the first time that they were the front runners for most of a season. That, in and of itself, is a new perspective for the franchise and this fanbase. I think that kind of media attention got in their heads, which manifested itself in a very ugly way on MNF at Foxboro. They got down on themselves as a team. It snowballed for a few more weeks and they lost a chance for HFA (another first for this young franchise).

Unfortunately, they let it get to them again in NE. And this is where they have to mature into a championship caliber team. Collectively, not just individuals, they have to believe in themselves and find that intangible quality to rise above a collection of individual players and become a team.

I think they are talented enough to beat a team like NE. The Patriots are not perfect, as vividly shown last Sunday. So now the Texans have to learn to play physical and push their will onto other good teams.

I'm not saying they can or cannot do it. I might lean certain ways, but none of us truly knows until it happens. But, I have no doubt that their failures will teach them and they will learn.
Careful. Rational, sober posts are not always welcome here.

Repped
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote