View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013   #455
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When will the Texans get a Franchise Level QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Also, I know there's a big love affair with Kaepernick around here now. But lets not forget, he was put into a really really good situation. Three first round picks on that offensive line. A first round pick receiver and tight end. A pro-bowl running back. One of the greatest receivers of all time (even though past his prime). Not to mention, IMO, the best defense in football.

If we invested this much into our offense, and our defense was as good as the 9ers, I don't think we're complaining about our QB and analyzing the Ravens right now.
I'm glad SOMEbody recognizes that Kaepernick was inserted into an ideal situation. He couldn't lose. If he failed, Alex Smith, a capable "game manager, is standing by to bail him out. Kaepernick didn't have to carry the team to the playoffs. The team was playoff quality before he got there.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote