View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013   #40
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you miss Jacoby Jones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
There's a reason Baltimore only used JJ as a #3. The "reduced pressure" on him to perform should have made the game easier. JJ had his big chance when AJ went out, he blew it. There are exactly Zero teams in the NFL who would use him as a #1 and damn few who'd consider him at a #2.

The bolded pretty well answers itself.
I somewhat agree w/ this. Yes, it made it easier for him to adjust w/ less pressure, but I very much believe they are grooming him to be their next #2 wr. Of course Jones went to them w/ a lot of baggage & of course he wasn't going to be asked to start because they have Boldin & Smith but Boldin is getting up in age & isn't quite the player he use to be & the price tag could be getting hefty. I think Boldin will eventually be gone & Jones will be given an opportunity to step up. Given how he progressed this season, he could become a #2 wr for them. After all...that was the exact plan for him here as well.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote