View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013   #38
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you miss Jacoby Jones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I don't understand this opinion. Listening to Foster, Jacoby was a hard worker here. Jacoby, Foster, & Casey would stay past practice & work on hands, routes, & what not.

He stopped, as far as we can tell, goofing around, missing meetings & that kind of stuff in his last couple of years here.

Sure, he was a knucklehead when he got here, but he was a pro when he left.

I aint going nowhere, trust me, Jones said. No matter what nobody says I aint going nowhwere. Believe that.

This is an example of my too comfortable & arrogance concerning Jones. He made this quote days after his poor game in Baltimore. Instead of keeping his head down & his mouth shut in following days he chose too further infuriate a fan base that didn't care for him by insuating that he was untouchable to some degree. Obviously he was wrong. But it takes a certain level of arrogance & comfort to believe that he could say such things w/out repercussions from the organization. Especially after the poor performance that he had just had. Do I believe he makes that same statement in organization ran by the likes Parcells, Jimmy Johnson, Cowher, Jim or John Harbaugh...I highly doubt it. It's called accountability & he wasn't worried about it when it concerned the fans.

Jacoby was simply too comfortable w/ his standing w/ kubiak, imo, & it seemed his development had slowed or plateaued because of it. He needed a change & had he handled all of business in Houston like he did in Baltimore by eliminating the mental mistakes, refining his skills, & dropping the immature antics then I believe he could've been better here. Unfortunately, Jacoby felt he was doing everything right here & it took getting ousted for him to take the next step.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote