View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013   #65
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Little Breakdown on Rick Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
I agree with you but if we would have extended Barwin before the season started as the post implied we would have been overpaying.

I hope part of Barwin's problem was the additional 20 lbs added in offseason but I wouldn't pay based on that hope.
If you don't mind me asking, where did you hear/ see that he added an additional 20lbs? I haven't seen that, but that would explain at least a slow down in production. 20lbs, I believe, would take some adjusting to. I see he was listed at or around 268lbs this season & his combine weight was listed at 256lbs. The extra 20 could take a toll, but I can't seem to find it.

It was a smart move not to re-sign him as he did decline. It was a smart move to make him earn the money. It's too bad that Rick Smith did not choose to apply this same practice when re-signing Schaub, Walter, & Jacoby.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote