View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013   #30
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock Version 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Denard Robinson undrafted? Not gonna happen. Someone is going to take a chance on him after he burns his 40 at the combine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Yep.

I wouldn't be shocked if someone grabbed him in the third or fourth round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Well he's playing WR at the senior bowl so his stock will probably drop. He's never played WR before and is going to have to learn everything (not gonna happen in 1 week). The only route he's run before is a flare route out of the backfield. He also fielded punts for the first time in his life the first day of practice and muffed 4 out of 8 attempts I believe. If he was playing RB (which is his optimum position) I would expect his stock to rise, but he's not. Probably a 4th-5th round prospect.

He's going to go to the combine and measure in at the same size as Jamaal Charles and run almost as fast. I still don't understand how people watch his film and see a WR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I understand that, but when teams see a physical specimen that can create with the ball in his hands I think some team might jump on him in the third or fourth...especially if it's a team picking at the end of the round...

I understand moving him to wr as well. You normally see athletic qb's go to wr or a wr go to qb because presumably they would have some understanding of how both positions operate. Also, it's a different type of pounding being a rb. Then you also have blocking come into play. Most guys that have played qb or wr and are used to operating in space just aren't going to want to or be able to run between the tackles or pick up blitzing lb's on a consistent basis in the NFL.
He has good speed, but 3rd or 4th round? I don't know about that one. Without an ability to play QB he has an undefined position. One problem he will face is that very few ATH QBs, end up becoming quality NFL players.

1. Remember Reggie McNeal? He was the QB of Texas A&M. He was 6'2, 190lbs and also was deemed to have to switch positions. He ran a 4.35 40 and was drafted in the 6th round. McNeal also played DB in highschool as well as QB. As a DB he had experience running down the field and having the ball thrown in his direction. Despite that he barely made a ripple in the NFL and is now in Canada.

2. Remember Marcus Vick? He was the QB of VA Tech, like his brother Michael. He was 6'0, 216lbs and had a 4.47 40 time. He went undrafted. He signeed for the Dolphins as an UFA and mostly spent time on the PS. He got into one game and never made a catch.

3. Remember Pat White? He was the QB of West Virginia. He was drafted by Miami in the 2nd round. He was 6'0, 190lbs and had a 4.55 40 time. The Dolphins had plans of using him as a Wildcat player. Fast forward a year and he was cut from the team.

4. Of course, I won't mention Matt Jones...

The fact is moving a guy from QB to WR really does not work too well unless he has had experience at the position. As such, teams that have invested high picks (Jones in the first and Pat White in the second) have had it badly blow up in their faces.

Denard has never played anywhere but as a QB. As we have seen in the practice of the senior bowl he is struggling to learn his new positions. He is dropping makable catches as a WR, fumbling punts on punt returns, and is not making blocks. He may get drafted, but he will have to show more than just speed at the Senior Bowl, combine, and his proday. If he produces more of the same, its a good chance he goes undrafted.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote