View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013   #21
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you miss Jacoby Jones?

You know what I really miss? I miss the days when there wasn't always a Jacoby Jones thread waiting for us seemingly every day. That's just me and I know many of you like to keep talking about a guy who isn't on this team anymore (hence the "National Football League" forum which is entirely appropriate). Nothing wrong with that. I just don't understand it.

He performed well this year for the Ravens. Hundreds of players performed well for their respective teams. He did not develop here in Houston and showed no apparent signs of doing so in the future. His receiving is pretty much unchanged and his return game is improved thanks to being on a team with better special teams play than the Texans. To me this makes him a non-topic. He's not here and as a wideout he's not better than he was here. As a return man he's in a better place, not necessarily a better player. Trindon Holliday also went somewhere else and improved dramatically. Where the return game is concerned I"m afraid "It's not them, it's us".

I don't want him back, have no inclination to forgive him for his past mistakes, and don't care how he's doing somewhere else.