View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bad day to be a Browns fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
As a Ravens fan, I don't feel sorry for Browns fans at all. They didn't have it as bad as Baltimore fans did when the Colts left.

-Art Modell never lied to anyone- he told them straight up what was happening. HHe was going broke.

-City of Cleveland built a Rock n Roll HOF, new Cavaliers auditorium and Jacobs Field. Art lost alot of $$$ when the Indians moved to their new field. The city refused to rehab Municipal stadium.

-Art announced they were leaving well before he did; B0b Irsay stole the Colts out of the city in the middle of the night. after lying in a press conference saying he would never move the team.

-We went without football for 12 years; Cleveland missed 3 years.

-We lost our colors, history and records; Cleveland kept all theirs.

I feel nothig aboout what transpired. I do know Toni Grossi conspires against Art's HOF nomination every year...
We know a little something about losing colors, etc. After losing our team I am not sure how I would have felt stealing someone elses team though. For example if the Seahawks would have moved here and become the Texans. Of course the plus side is that you get a ready built team and don't have to wait for years as with an expansion team.

BTW, I just realized both of your pro teams were formerly the Browns. The Orioles were the St Louis Browns.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote