View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013   #58
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Little Breakdown on Rick Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
If we're drafting based on percentages we're screwed. I dont see how the base line in your thinking works. You want to draft based on the success of other teams? You want to call someone a contributor for team x when he has no shot of getting on the field for team y? Target talent and skip the math. The only math in the conversation is cap consideration.
But we're not talking about strategy here.
Obviously you still have to do your homework no matter where you draft.

But on average, I will trade my fifth for your three sixths because the talent levels are not that much difference there.

I've done some checkings myself.
You know I've been quite active on the draft forum for quite a few years now.

Here, I went back to 2000 through 2005 so far, and the data shows.
In 2005 for example the sixth rounders actually end up starting 100 more games than the fifth rounders in their combined careers.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote