Originally Posted by srrono
1. Dion jordan - olb - oregon ht 6-6 wt 243
2. Justin hunter - wr - tennessee ht 6-4 wt 200
3. Nico johnson - ilb - alabama ht 6-2 wt 249
3. Brian schwenke - c/g - california ht 6-3 wt 307
4. Johnathan franklin - rb - ucla ht 5-10 wt 201
5. Kwame geathers - nt - georgia ht 6-6 wt 350*
5. Marquise goodwin- wr - texas ht 5-09 wt 179
6. Nick kasa - te - colorado ht 6-6 wt 271
7. Tyrann mathieu - cb - lsu ht 5-09 wt 178
7. Kyle juszczyk - fb - harvard ht 6-1 wt 248
football courses through the geathers family - especially in sec country.
Kwame's brother, robert, played for georgia from 2001-03 and is currently a member of the cincinnati bengals. Another brother, clifton, went to south carolina and is also in the nfl now with the indianapolis colts. Their father, robert geathers, sr., also played for the gamecock and was a third-round pick of the buffalo bills in 1981. Uncle james "jumpy" geathers" played 13 nfl seasons after starring at wichita state.
I think that we are going to target an ilb who is better in coverage. Nico is a liability coverage, not what we need (Patriots game). I don't think that Geathers is athletic enough to play nt in our system and we need someone who can start from day one. John Jenkins has exceptional athletic ability for a man of his size and is showing it at the Senior Bowl. Nico Johnson's production was not that good at all. I personally think Hodges will go higher than most. He had amazing college production, is great in coverage, plays fast, and is far more athletic than Nico Johnson. After watching more tape and reading more reports I might mock him in the 3rd.