View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013   #128
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair's Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Maybe McNairs insistance on Philips as dc but not his patience. Where we differ scooter is you are excited and giddy over 12 wins that led to a disasterous playoffs. I'm not. I think the 2011 Texans were better than the 2012 version. You are excited about next year because you think Kubiak is the right coach and can get us to the superbowl. I don't. And as for the pundits. None of them gave the Texans a chance in hell after the meltdown at the end of the season and rightfully so. The only way the Texans will win a superbowl with Kubiak is in spite of him. An elite defense is a must.

I love the Texans and I want them to win probably worse than most on this board. I grew up close to the astrodome when it was just a hole in the ground. I have been rooting for Houston NFL football since the 60's. Fanhood is not a question. I want a winner. A superbowl winner. And I will ***** and moan when I think they are off track from obtaining that goal. Regular season victories are nice but they don't do squat for winning a superbowl. Win some big games Texans. Grow up!
No truer words could be spoken. Don't get me wrong, I too enjoyed the 12 wins but at the end of the day the late season slump made it all for not as it carried over into the playoffs. Despite the 12 wins many, fans & media, had doubts about this teams makeup & rightfully so. They simply didn't show up against the better teams & PROVE that they belonged amongst them & thus many in the media dubbed the Texans "frauds". Which, imo, is the biggest show of disrespect, but was hard to argue. Let's be honest, outside of the 2 additional regular season wins this team faired no better then last season. Both exited in the Divisional round after being #3 seeds & defeating Cincy. The only difference was the optimism exiting 2011 was 10x greater as opposed to the skepticism as they exited 2012. This team was suppose to look better & contend in 2012 for a Super Bowl. And by "contend" I don't mean simply making the playoffs. They didn't fulfill their own expectations, so why should we be satisfied. At some point the bar has to rise & we to have quit treating minor accomplishments, such as 2 additional reg season wins, as major steps for a team that wants to be acknowledged as one of the best. Plain & simple.

Hope I still qualify as a Texans fan after all that. LOL!
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote