View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013   #40
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Little Breakdown on Rick Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Butler was initially a good find. Not so much the last few yrs. The "injury prone" label has been bestowed upon him & its highly unlikely he returns. For being a former 3rd rounder most would say he didn't live up to expectations similar to Caldwell, but at least he wasn't Smith's 3rd rounder & he was serviceable when Brown was suspended.

Once again, I will politely agree to disagree concerning your round selection evaluations. I'm sure its a neat little feature & all, but in the end it clearly shows more 5th rounders making it compared to 6th rounders. Which makes sense because as I stated earlier & as your little feature showed the talent level falls a bit as each round goes by & thus more 5th rounders are on rosters compared to 6th rounders. I'm not sure if that little tid bit of info helped your case much, but it was worth a try.

Just guessing, using my little feature of "common sense", that if a trade is being worked out between 2 GM's that an offer of 2 5th round picks vs an offer of 3 6th round picks...I'm pretty sure the 2 5th rounders would win out more times then not. Once again, it goes back to quality over quantity. The GM's that pick 6th round picks over 5th round picks is probably the ones that would also pick a punter in the 3rd round & we all know the eventual fate of types.
You have the right to form your own opinion, all I'm stating is facts.
The study showed that the success rate between a 5th and a 6th are pretty close, close enough to at least equate 3 sixths with 2 fifths, let one 1.

Heck, Brady by himself (and he doesn't count extra) as a sixth is better than ... I don't know how many fifths.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote