View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013   #23
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 2009 Draft

I'm using a scale of 1-5 for my rankings. 1=Bust, 5=Homerun.

Brian Cushing (5) - Based on who was available, we couldn't have done any better. You can argue Clay Matthews is a better linebacker, but with the type of defense we were running back then, Cushing is the better fit.

Connor Barwin (4) - In the 2nd round, you hope for a solid starter, and that's what we got with Barwin. People are down on him because he shows so much potential to be a star in this league, but he's not living up to that. He is, though, a very solid linebacker.

Antoine Caldwell (3) - Solid backup, and that's about it. Was given a chance to start, but didn't take advantage.

Glover Quin (5) - Fourth round picks don't typically start... not to mention start for a good defense and play well. He's one of the best cover safeties in the league and an excellent tackler. I think he should be a pro-bowler, but he doesn't get the sexy INT stats to make it.

Anthony Hill (2) - I want to label him a bust, but he's actually still on an NFL roster (Colts).

James Casey (4) - Even though I think he'd be a better TE than FB, a solid starter in the 5th round is a bonus!

Brice McCain (3) - After this past season, I dropped him to 3. I have faith he can get back to his 2011 season, if we re-sign him.

Troy Nolan (2) - A seventh rounder, and the fact that he contributed at all, is a plus. Like what many others think, why is Keo on our team and this guy isn't on a team?

A final score of 3.5, which makes it an above average draft.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote