View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013   #20
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100585 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tim Brown hints at sabotage by coach in 2003 Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I think everybody knows already that Callahan was a terrible NFL HC, and from what I understood he kept Gruden's playbook when Gruden left and didn't change any of it.

How you gonna try using a scheme against a coach when he was the one that came up with it? Also, it wouldn't shock me at all if Al Davis was the real reason the Raiders wanted to air it out rather than pound the ball that Friday. That just sounds like Al Davis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Besides the fullback for the Raiders most have denied this I think...Rich Gannon and others.
So, Jerry Rice, Tim Brown and Charlie Garner say yes; Rich Gannon, Bill Romonowski and Lincoln Kennedy say no.

I will say this, Callahan DID call the Oakland team HE coached, the dumbest team in America. So, maybe he didn't like the Raiders and Davis, but I'd hope he wouldn't be so dumb as to risk his reputation and career on petty spite. I think what Callahan is guilty of, is not being very bright or creative. Even I knew going into that game that Wheatley and Garner would have to be more important cogs than Rice and Brown. Callahan wasn't smart enough to figure that out.