View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013   #35
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Little Breakdown on Rick Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Buchanon was not Rick Smith, and you'll have to cite Jacoby requesting his release rather than just being outright cut because that is not how I remember it going down. And as much as you want to hand-wave away Watt and Brown's selections, you'll ignore Mike Sherman convincing people that Green was worth a contract. So which is it that Rick Smith is responsible for, just the moves you don't like?
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...-jacoby-jones/

Hopefully this will suffice concerning Jones. Says it in the 1st line, Jones' agent REQUESTED a release after a trade couldn't be worked. I stand corrected on Buchanon. I remember Kubiak was the one who released him so I lost track of my years & assumed Smith acquired him. Forgive me, we all make mistakes. I think you can relate considering your take on the jacoby release.

Just for the record I never took the Brown selection away from Smith. That was another poster. I do give the Watt selection to Wade because kubiak & Smith admitted Wade had helped immensely in narrowing down the list of players. They, kubiak & smith, gave Wade credit after the draft, not me. Smith gets credit for the good & bad moves. Problem is there seems to be more bad then there are good at this time. Just saying...
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote