View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013   #19
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 2009 Draft

I'd say 2009 was a pretty good year for the Texans draft. 2010 was also a pretty decent draft too:

1/20 Kareem Jackson Cornerback Alabama - Certainly better than what I thought 2 years ago.
2/58 (from New England) Ben Tate Running back Auburn - Pretty good runner, certainly would want more consistency but he will be in the NFL for more years.
3/81 Earl Mitchell Defensive tackle Arizona - Eh, rotational starter at best but not a terrible pick.
4/102 (from Kansas City) Darryl Sharpton Linebacker Miami (FL) - Not that great of a pick, although I liken this not being good more to injuries than lack of skill.
4/118 Garrett Graham Tight end Wisconsin - Really like this pick
5/144 (from Kansas City) Sherrick McManis Cornerback Northwestern - Not a good pick for the Texans but is still in the league.
6/187 Shelley Smith Offensive guard Colorado State - Not a good pick.
6/197 (from San Diego) Trindon Holliday Wide receiver LSU - Not good for us, but does have a spot in the NFL.
7/227 Dorin Dickerson Tight end Pittsburgh - Don't think he's in the league anymore but not that great.

It falls off near the end but I can't really complain about any of the picks until we get to McMannis in the 5th round.