View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013   #33
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Little Breakdown on Rick Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
http://www.stateofthetexans.com/?p=9964

Here is a little breakdown on Rick Smith's drafting tendencies by conference & state as well as how his drafts have panned out over the years.

Personally I'm not too impressed considering there is only 1 player left on the team out of 14 drafted in 2007 & 2008. Guess we can chalk that up to growing pains, but there are a few other areas of concern, IMO, such as there have only been 9 starters produced from the last 4 drafts & 2(possibly 3) could be lost after this offseason. That a spotty track record IMO. Thoughts...
I'd like to know how players that were drafted under Smith but went on to play for other teams were considered? Trindon Holliday & Jacoby Jones come to mind. If players are still in NFL even if on another team indicates the pick may have been good. Another thing, SMith drafts not coaches them. Would be interesting to also point out the draftees who no longer are with Texans that left due to injuries such as Barber, Slaton, etc. That would also have major impact. Another would be how many 6th & 7th rounders were let go which have a very small percentage of making a team anyway. For every Derek Newton starting seventh, how many last more than one season, if that?